The ROSE CDC and APANO partnership to build a new cultural landmark, an urban mixed-use development of 48 unit residences of affordable housing and an on-site community center located at SE 82nd Ave in East Portland is underway. Building on years of community organizing in one of Oregon’s most diverse neighborhoods, the new $16.5 million dollar development will serve as a bulwark against gentrification and a mission-driven space for communities of color, immigrants and refugees.
ROSE CDC and APANO are pleased to announce our Development Team for the project.
- ROSE Community Development Corporation will own and operate the 48 residences of 100% affordable housing, for households ranging from 30%-60% of median family income. ROSE is a member of the Jade District Steering Committee and convenes the Outer Southeast Portland Baby Booster coalition working to improve early childhood outcomes.
- APANO will own and operate a 5,000 square foot cultural center and nonprofit offices on the ground floor. APANO is Oregon’s oldest and largest statewide Asian and Pacific Islander advocacy and organizing group, and houses a range of community development and placemaking programs centered on 82nd Ave.
- SERA Architects, led by Gauri Rajbaidya and Travis Dang, are the designers for the building and affordable housing residences.
- Suenn Ho Design and Resolve Architecture are responsible for the interior design of the cultural center and nonprofit offices.
- O’Neil/Walsh Community Builders
- Housing Development Center
A public forum will be held Tuesday, March 7th from 6:00-7:30pm to present the current design progress. We invite the community to attend and offer input about the development. The location of the event is at the current JAMS, 8114 SE Division St, Portland, OR 97206. Please RSVP here.